Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Word and Words


Interesting article on Slate today.

As a proud Linux/anti-MS snob, what Microsoft Word does is of little practical concern to me; I'm an OpenOffice man when it comes to fancified word-processing, and vi and KDE's Kate are enough for quick text-wrangling. Still, it's kind of neat to see the behind-the-curtain process by which some words are allowed officially-sanctioned-by-Microsoft status.

And as an aside, I hate the word "waitressing". May the first person to have introduced that into the lexicon be beaten about the buttocks with a wooden spoon.

That is all

1 comment:

  1. I hate the word religiosity.

    I also hate that there is instantly and instantaneously. What the hell is the difference anyway?

    Don't get me started on words I hate...

    ReplyDelete